Ajua! Cinco de Mayo is almost here and it’s the perfect excuse to drink margaritas and eat all the guacamole you can eat. I know that’s my excuse, and I’m sticking to it.
I’m a traditional guacamole kinda girl, but after tasting this exotic guacamole I just might have a change of heart. Bacon and pineapple and avocados, oh my! This guacamole is so delicioso. The flavor combination is inspired from my favorite tacos: tacos al pastor.
Purchase a fresh pineapple and grill it, bake up strips of bacon smothered in chipotle sauce, and add some creamy avocados. You’ll thank me later.
Here is my latest video showing you how easy it really is. As the saying goes…Everything tastes better with bacon.
Guacamole al Pastor
- 6 to 8 strips of bacon
- ¼ cup chipotle sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 rings of pineapple, chopped
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange bacon slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and brush chipotle sauce on both sides. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool, and chop.
- Lightly brush both sides of pineapple rings with vegetable oil and grill them, turning once, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes per side. Let cool and chop.
- Cut the avocado in half. Twist to pull apart and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh. Place on a cutting board and roughly chop and place in a large bowl.
- Add the orange juice and mash the avocado with a fork leaving some chunks.
- Add pineapple, bacon, jalapeño (optional), onion, cilantro, salt, and give everything a gentle stir, but don’t overdo it.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
A special thanks to Avocados from Mexico for sponsoring this video.