Nachos are a favorite in my home. We usually make nachos whenever we have grilled meat or shredded chicken leftovers. This recipe is made with ground turkey making these nachos simple to make any day of the week. The best part is they only take 20 minutes to make and I guarantee your family will love them.
These nachos are topped with lots of delicious toppings and are super satisfying. When it comes to cheese for my nachos, I like to use white melty cheese such as Oaxaca, Quesadilla, or Monterey Jack, but in this recipe I couldn’t resist using pepper jack cheese for a kick of spice.
Ground Turkey Nachos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- Corn tortilla chips
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cilantro leaves
- Crema Mexicana or sour cream
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and brown. Mash meat so you have small pieces of meat.
- Add garlic salt, seasoned salt, and cook over low heat for about 8 to 10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place your tortilla chips across the bottom of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon turkey mixture, beans, tomatoes, and jalapeños evenly over chips. Top with pepper jack cheese.
- Repeat to build another layer.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and veggies are warm, about 15 minutes for a single layer or 20 minutes for multiple layers.
- To serve, scatter cilantro over nachos.
More recipes available at muybuenocookbook.com
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
A special thanks to Lawry’s for sponsoring this blog post. Opinions are my own.