As my grandma would always say, “Panza llena, corazón contento.” The best gift you can give Dad on Father’s Day is a full stomach. Sure you could take him to a fancy restaurant, but I’ll be surprising my hubby with this grilled skirt steak topped with homemade chimichurri sauce with a side of Mexican street corn for his special day. I know he’ll appreciate me taking over the grill and letting him relax with a cold drink.
When trying to develop this recipe I was contemplating a marinade, similar to this carne asada recipe, but instead decided to keep this recipe very simple with no need to marinate. All I did was drizzle olive oil and Maggi seasoning sauce over the steak and then liberally seasoned with salt and pepper, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
The tangy Argentinean sauce is a lovely addition giving plenty of flavor to the rich skirt steak. This easy grilled steak is made in less than 20 minutes, so you can spend minimal time prepping and grilling, and more time planning Father’s Day around one of his favorite hobbies or interests, such as fishing, hiking, or just letting him relax.
What will you be doing for the special man in your life? Let dad know he’s one of a kind – check out recipes, coupons, and more on TuKingSoopers.com.
Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Puree all ingredients in a blender. Transfer to bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature.
Grilled Skirt Steak:
- Let skirt steak come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Drizzle with olive oil and Maggi seasoning.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side until meat is nicely charred and medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a carving board; let rest for 5-10 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Serve drizzled with the chimichurri sauce.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.