I must be on a shrimp kick lately. You would be too if you knew how fast you can make an entrée or appetizer with shrimp. Shrimp only takes a few minutes to cook and accompanied with guacamole you can have a seriously delicious looking meal in no time.
With this being the last week of Lent I wanted to be sure to share another mouth-watering meat-free dish. I’ll be making this appetizer Friday evening for our annual casacarones making party.
Watch my video and see how simple this dish is to make.
Grilled Shrimp on Baked Flour Tortilla Chips topped with Guacamole
- extra large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and skewered
- olive oil for brushing
- paprika to your liking
- kosher salt
- lime wedges
- Bake Flour Tortilla Chips:
- Preheat broiler.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas into 4 equal triangles. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Arrange tortilla triangles in a single layer on baking sheets and place them in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Grilled Shrimp:
- Brush shrimp with olive oil, sprinkle them with a little bit of paprika and salt.
- Preheat your griddle on medium to medium-high heat. Lay the shrimp on the hot griddle and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side. The meat will turn opaque and white as it cooks. Remove from the heat so it doesn’t overcook and get tough or rubbery.
- Place fresh guacamole on each tortilla chip; place grilled shrimp, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve with my homemade guacamole!
A special thanks to Avocados from Mexico for sponsoring this video.