As a mom I am always trying to find shortcuts to make an easy and healthy meal, and that is why I love frittatas. They are seriously the easiest meal to make, but they look fancy. We usually eat frittatas on weekend mornings to use up any leftovers that might be in the fridge. Then there are times when I make frittatas not necessarily to get rid of leftovers, but because like all moms I’m running behind and need a quick meal on the table. Sometimes I even make a frittata and refrigerate it for my kid’s school lunch.
With only a handful of ingredients this is a quick dish that can be done in less than 20 minutes from start to finish. For this recipe I used Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken, which adds a simple protein to this dish. Speaking of Tyson — Taste of Home challenged its field editors to a recipe challenge to “dress up” Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets and narrowed the entries down to four finalists. Now they are asking you to tell them whom “dressed it best” and when you vote you will be entered to win a $500 Williams-Sonoma gift card.
Some of the best recipes include a spicy sesame chicken salad, chicken and mushroom spanakopitas, slow cooker chicken vegetable soup, and a pear and chicken salad with Gorgonzola. All these recipes sound amazing and I Iook forward to reading all about the winner in the June/July issue of Taste of Home magazine.
$500 Williams- Sonoma® gift card
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson® Grilled & Ready Ready or Not Recipe Challenge. The opinions and text are all mine.
Grilled Chicken and Pesto Frittata
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 3 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over sautéed onions in skillet. Add chicken and spread evenly in skillet. Add dollops of pesto and ricotta cheese and cook on stovetop for 3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown, eggs are firm, and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Cut chicken frittata into wedges and serve with slices of avocado.
- Refrigerate leftovers for your or your kid’s lunch.
- For this recipe I used Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken, which adds a simple protein to this dish.