Earlier this year I partnered with The Home Depot on a video for a Moen garbage disposal and Moen motion sense oil-rubbed bronze faucet. In that video my new hammered copper sink by Sinkology made its debut on Instagram and YouTube.
In an effort to share a creative way to share these products I made garbage disposal refreshers to help freshen, clean, and deodorize your garbage disposal.
Watch my video to learn how to make all natural garbage disposal refreshers made with citrus zest and baking soda. Not only are they easy to make, but they look cute in a glass jar on your kitchen counter. They make great hostess or housewarming gifts.
I recommend using these natural garbage disposal refreshers within a week if you plan to use fresh citrus juice and zest. If you would like for them to last longer, I recommend replacing with a few drops of aromatherapy essential oils instead.
Lemon, orange, rosemary, and peppermint essential oils are great choices for the kitchen.
Garbage Disposal Refreshers
- ¾ cup baking soda
- ½ cup salt
- ½ teaspoon liquid dish soap
- 1 lemon or orange (or 10 to 20 drops of aromatherapy essential oils)
- Mix the baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Stir in the liquid dish soap and lemon zest and juice of lemon (or essential oils). The mixture should be a wet sand consistency; if it is not, add a little water until it becomes the right consistency.
- Use a 1/4 cup to mold the disposal fresheners, and then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Let the refreshers dry overnight, and then place them in a glass jar to store.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
This post is in partnership with The Home Depot and Sinkology. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.