If I could pick the most refreshing drink to serve a crowd, a slushy frozen margarita would be it, but this is no ordinary margarita — this is a beergarita. This beergarita is a combination of light Mexican beer and Exotico Tequila blanco. It is a match made in heaven…genius really!
The perfectly clear and crisp tequila blanco has spicy undertones and a robust taste of fresh agave with herbal and spicy notes that elevate the golden pilsner-style beer.
If you know me, you know I only recommend freshly squeezed juice in cocktails and can’t stand sweet and sour mixes when it comes to a margarita on the rocks, but when it is frozen I’m going to let you in on a little secret: You don’t only need to use fresh lime juice.
In this recipe, I used fresh lime juice in addition to frozen limeade concentrate. It has a strong lime flavor that comes through with all the blended ice. It’s cold and icy and helps create a smooth texture and the addition of the beer gives this margarita a frothy consistency.
Since this cocktail is frozen you can pre-make a pitcher before a fiesta and store it in the freezer until ready to serve.
This cocktail would be perfect for Easter, Cinco de Mayo, or a tailgate fiesta. One slurp of one of these babies and I was craving hot summer days and a swimming pool.
As they say – some moments in life call for beer, some call for a margarita, and special ones call for both.
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 (12-ounce )can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup Exotico Tequila blanco
- 12 ounces light Mexican-style beer, such as Dos Equis Lager Especial
- coarse salt and lime wedges for garnish
- In a blender, add crushed ice, fresh lime juice, limeade, tequila, and beer; cover and pulse ingredients.
- Pour into a coarse-salt rimmed margarita glass; add a lime wedge for a garnish and serve immediately.
- Since this cocktail is frozen you can pre-make a pitcher before a fiesta and store it in the freezer until ready to serve.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
This post is in partnership with Exotico. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.