This burger has all the flavors I love and remind me of my beloved hometown, and that is why I’m calling them El Paso burgers.
These turkey burgers are topped with melted pepper jack cheese, fire-roasted poblano, crispy peppercorn bacon, red onion slices, and fresh avocado. Served on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, and mayo. You won’t miss the beef when you get a taste of these southwest babies.
You know those moments when you are craving a burger, but when you order one at a restaurant it’s just not as fulfilling as you had hoped. Maybe that just happens to me? I always crave something spicy in a burger and it is far and few between when restaurants offer fresh fire-roasted chile. To learn how to roast chile peppers refer to this blog post and video.
I also love burgers with pepper jack cheese and you can never go wrong with the addition of bacon.
These burgers are made with Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey making these leaner than a traditional beef burger, and once you add on all the toppings you won’t miss the greasy mess and soggy bun.
These turkey burgers really let all the flavors come through and of course it’s a little healthier and a little less guilty. You can make these turkey burgers on the grill outdoors or indoors on a skillet, which is great because it won’t make a greasy mess in your kitchen.
Feel free to garnish with the toppings and condiments of your choice.
Turkey Bacon Burgers with Roasted Poblano and Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 slices of thick-cut peppercorn bacon
- 1 pound Honeysuckle White ground turkey
- Kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 to 2 poblano chile peppers, roasted, peeled, and stemmed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Avocado slices
- Tomato slices
- Red onion slices
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels and break each strip in half.
- Sprinkle ground turkey with kosher salt and pepper. Mix gently until well combined.
- Form into four 4-ounce burger patties.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes, until golden brown and firm when pressed.
- Flip the burgers, cook until cooked through for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, top with a slice of cheese and let cheese melt for 1 minute.
- Set aside and allow to rest.
- Spread mayonnaise on the cut sides of the buns; set the burgers on the bottoms and top with the bacon and roasted poblano and toppings of your choice.
This post is in partnership with Honeysuckle White Turkey. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.