Easy Fish Tacos
These Easy Fish Tacos are loaded with fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned plump fish. And you can’t forget to serve with creamy and spicy chipotle crema.
Abstaining from meat for Lent? I always crave fish tacos during the Lenten season and wanted to share a simple fish taco recipe that you can make in under 30 minutes.
You might recognize the fish recipe – Lemon Butter Fish. Sure, you can eat this fish as an entrée, but take it over the top by slicing it up, and serving it as a filling for tacos.
When it comes to fish tacos it’s all about colorful garnishes like pickled red onions, grated carrots, creamy avocado slices, purple cabbage, sliced jalapeños, and fresh cilantro.
These tacos are loaded with fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned plump fish. And you can’t forget to serve with creamy and spicy chipotle crema.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE THESE, TOO:
- Beer-Battered Fish Tacos
- Salmon Fish Tacos with Creamy Avocado Salsa
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Pico de Gallo
- Blackened Tilapia Fish Tacos with Chipotle Aioli Sauce
Lemon Butter Fish Tacos
- 4 firm white fish fillets, about 6 inches long, 1-inch thick (recommend paiche or tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra to taste
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Chipotle Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- pickled red onions
- grated carrots
- avocado slices
- shredded purple cabbage
- sliced jalapeños
- fresh cilantro
- shredded cabbage
- lime wedges
- lemon wedges
- corn tortillas
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter with olive oil and sea salt, lemon juice, and zest. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Evenly sprinkle spice mixture onto both sides of fish fillets.
- In a large, heavy pan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil until hot. Cook 2 fish fillets at a time to avoid overcrowding, which allows for even browning. Cook each side 3 to 4 minutes just until fish becomes opaque, feels somewhat firm in the center, and is browned.
- Lightly drizzle some of the lemon butter sauce as you cook, reserving the rest for serving.
- Drizzle fish with remaining lemon butter sauce.
- In a food processor or blender, combine crema, chipotle in adobo and sauce, lemon zest and lemon juice, water, and salt until smooth; transfer to a small bowl.
- Flake fish with a fork into pieces.
- Heat corn tortillas on a griddle. Fill with fish pieces and serve tacos with chipotle cream sauce and garnish with toppings of your choice.