Just in time for Halloween learn how to make this realistic fake blood made with beet juice. Startle your guests with this cocktail that looks gruesome but tastes enchanting.
Homemade fresh beet juice is the main ingredient in this bloody cocktail but you can easily swap it out for bottled juice. The poison in this drink is tequila blanco and Italian liqueur flavored with vanilla and citrus. I added pomegranate soda for a little effervescence.
This is going to be one of the strangest drinks you’ve ever tried, and yet one of the tastiest of all! The flavor is earthy, tangy, and sweet with a fizzy ending. Garnish with droplets of blood (aka pomegranate seeds).
Serve this cocktail in blood-rimmed glasses. The drinks can be served while the blood is sweet and wet or once hardened. Either way this cocktail is devilishly delicious. It’s a drink Dracula would want himself.
Dracula’s Blood & Blood-Rim
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- 1/4 cup Karo syrup light
- 1 cup beet juice
- 4 ounces tequila blanco
- 3 ounces citrus liqueur, recommend Tuaca
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 can (11.15-ounce) sparkling pomegranate & orange, recommend Sanpellegrino
- Pomegranate seeds
- Combine sugar, beet juice, and syrup in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium high heat, and stir and let come to a slow boil.
- Turn off heat. While the mixture is still hot, dunk the top of the cocktail glass into the mixture to create the bloody rim. Flip the glass right side up until it is done dripping.
- Let cool for one hour to harden or use soon after and lick the rim while you drink your blood.
- Combine beet juice, tequila, liqueur, lemon juice, agave nectar, and soda in a large pitcher. Stir and add more agave nectar according to how sweet you want it. Serve in blood-dripped glasses and garnish with blood droplets (aka, pomegranate seeds).