We love our cucumbers sliced, diced, juiced — we just can’t seem to get enough of them. However, today we wanted to bring you something more on the adult side. A cucumber cocktail using our Agua Fresca de Pepino.
All you have to do is make our agua fresca (make a double batch), one for the kids or your designated drivers and another for the adults. Okay who am I kidding you’ll probably have to make about four batches.
The first time I ever had a cucumber cocktail was last summer while at a fantastic restaurant called Crave in El Paso. It was one of those rare family moments where we sat, ate, and drank while catching up on family chisme. The time went by way too quickly but as always it was great to see everyone who was there.
Our familia is huge so when I say a few, we’re talking about twenty of us at a table. The cocktails were so refreshing that summer evening and I knew I had to try recreating the drink at home. This invigorating cocktail is perfect while cucumbers are in prime season.
- 2 organic cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups of water
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Silver Tequila
- Chile-lime powder, recommended: Tajin
- 1 Lime, cut into slices
- In a blender add cucumbers and water and blend until smooth.
- Strain the liquid into a pitcher and discard the pulp.
- Add the lime juice, sugar, and tequila. Mix well.
- Put the chile-lime powder on a small plate. Using a lime, moisten the rims of the martini or margarita glasses. Invert the glasses into the chile-lime powder, to coat the rims.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice and add about 1 cup of the prepared cucumber mixture. Shake well and serve over ice.
Photos by Jeanine