If you love fresh cranberries and pomegranate seeds, you are going to LOVE this dish.
One of my favorite sides to make for the holidays, both Thanksgiving and Christmas, is this cranberry pomegranate sauce. Well its about high-time I share this sweet and tangy recipe with you.
It’s so simple to prepare and goes perfectly with my Fig-Spiced Turkey. A true family tradition, and favorite! Plus the leftovers spread on a turkey sandwich are out of this world.
Make this cranberry sauce a few days before your dinner and sprinkle additional pomegranate seeds and fresh orange zest when ready to serve.
This dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends at your next holiday gathering. While you’re at it take a look at some of my other must have dishes for Thanksgiving. Enjoy!
Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce
- 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium navel orange, zest and juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange, orange juice, and sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until berries pop and the mixture is thickened. Stir in pomegranate seeds; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in orange zest and additional pomegranate seeds. Serve warm or chilled.
- This recipe makes 2 1/2 cups cranberry sauce.
Photography: Jenna Sparks