One of my favorite things about summer is getting together with family and friends and backyard parties – lots of grilling adventures and exciting cocktails.
When I first tasted Baileys Almande I had flashbacks of Mexico and aguas frescas. If you love the flavor of horchata you will love this cocktail. The best part is that this recipe is a punch, so you can make a large batch and let your guests serve themselves, leaving you free to enjoy your party.
This punch has hints of exotic and tropical flavors such as coconut and lychee. I’m guessing you’ve tasted coconut water, but have you ever tasted a lychee? To be honest this was my very first experience with this fruit. I was totally mesmerized and fascinated by this fruit. A lychee looks like a ruby red dragon egg and inside is a magical and very sweet fruit that looks like a large pearl. The texture and flavor is similar to a grape, but even sweeter. Once I tasted one I knew I had to add them into a cocktail. If you cannot find lychees locally try looking for them online or just omit them from this recipe — the simplicity of coconut mixed with Baileys Almande is delicious and fresh.
And for those of you wanting to stay in tip-top shape this summer – Baileys Almande has the same calorie count as vodka mixed with soda water, making it ideal when seeking a light tasting treat. Pretty darn awesome, right?
- 1 750 ml bottle Baileys Almande
- 9 cups coconut water
- 2 cups white rum
- 6 ounces lychees, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh sliced coconut
- 1 handful mint leaves
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl combine Baileys Almande, coconut water, rum, lychees, coconut slices, and mint leaves; stir well. Serve over ice.
- This punch will keep for up to a week in your refrigerator.
- If you cannot find lychees locally try looking for them online or just omit them from this recipe.
This post is in partnership with Baileys. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.