It’s really hard to pick my favorite fruit, but if I had to pick one it would be mangos. But, technically avocados are fruits too…so avocados.
This salsa pairs my two favorite fruits in combination with some delicious citrus that really makes this salsa pop with a sweet and tangy flavor and a spicy kick.
This tropical salsa is great served as an appetizer with tortilla chips and is a game changer topped on grilled chicken, pork, or seafood.
Citrus, Mango, and Avocado Salsa
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cara cara orange, peeled, segmented, and chopped
- 1 mandarin, peeled, segmented, and chopped
- 1 to 2 serrano or jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine the chopped mango, red onion, avocado, orange, mandarin, and chile peppers in a bowl. Add the lime juice and olive oil and toss gently. Add salt to taste. Set aside and let all the flavors come together at room temperature.