Lets toast to St. Patrick’s Day with Guinness, but instead of cracking one open and drinking it straight, add a splash to your dinner and dessert!
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with Guinness Corned Beef and Cabbage and a St. Patrick’s Day menu isn’t complete unless there’s a little something sweet at the end of the rainbow. These bite-sized festive treats will be sure to jazz up your holiday celebration.
The texture is a combination of fudge, mousse, and a traditional brownie. Although decadently chocolatey, they are surprisingly light, airy, and very moist. The addition of the stout and coffee intensifies this dessert giving these mini cakes a rich coffee flavor. And the icing, oh the dear cream cheese icing reminds me of my mom’s carrot cake. This icing really pulls it all together.
Chocolate-Stout Mini Bundt Cakes
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened, half of 8-oz package
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 3 (12-cup) mini fluted tube cake pans with shortening.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, mix granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt on low speed.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla with whisk until well blended. Slowly beat buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients just until incorporated. Gradually beat in beer and hot coffee until thoroughly incorporated. Pour batter evenly into fluted muffin cups, filling each about half to two-thirds full. (See notes)
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of each cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Place cooling rack upside down over muffin cups; tap pan against work surface to make sure cakes have loosened. Remove pan; cool cakes at least 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Pour glaze over cooled cakes, allowing some to flow over sides.