Our grill has sure been getting a workout every evening. We grill everything – veggies, meat, and even fruit. If you follow me on facebook and instagram then you might have seen some of my grilling adventures on the eHow food blog, and if you don’t follow my social media adventures I totally forgive you.
Here are a few of my latest grilling recipes:
I don’t always use the outdoor grill. If it’s too hot or we are running low on propane then I spark up a ridged griddle pan on my stovetop, which is how I cooked these easy to make chipotle-tequila shrimp.
These shrimp are so light, but delicious packed with traditional Latin flavors. Tequila and chipotle – what’s not to love? These shrimp are marinated in a simple mixture of smoky and spicy chipotle chiles, spiked with tequila, and a splash of fresh tangy lime juice.
I made these for some hungry friends for dinner and I should have probably made a double batch. These shrimp were addicting right off the stick, but even better with a side of cilantro lime rice.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons reposado tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 pounds extra-large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
- Preheat a grill or griddle pan.
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter, tequila, lime juice, and minced chile.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers and rub the marinade all over the shrimp. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Oil the grate. Grill the shrimp over moderate heat, until just cooked through, 7 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.