When I host a party I usually go overboard when it comes to the menu. I get caught up on what to serve for an appetizer, main course, side, drink, and dessert and rarely get to sit and enjoy the event.
While in Oaxaca we visited a mercado and ate lunch at a taquiza – I was blown away by the simplicity of the menu. There were no appetizers, sides, or desserts. Just good ol’ fashioned tacos and a variety of salsas and garnishes that were 10 pesos each.
Recently TABASCO reached out asking me to host a taquiza and talk about perfect timing. I had just returned from an authentic taquiza and couldn’t wait to host my very own and bring a taste of Mexico to my family and friends.
I welcome you to watch this video where I showcase footage from my Oaxaca taquiza adventure and share how to host a taquiza.
TABASCO Chipotle Beef Tacos
- 3 tablespoons TABASCO Chipotle Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 ½- pounds flap steak or skirt steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Corn Tortillas
- Salsa of choice
- In a bowl, combine the chipotle sauce, olive oil, orange juice, and mix well.
- Using a brush, lightly coat the steak with the TABASCO Chipotle mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Grill the steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until it reaches your desired doneness. Let rest 10 minutes, and then slice the steak against the grain into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place desired amount of meat into a warm corn tortilla. Top with choice of salsa and garnishes.