Cherry Limeade Margaritas
Cherry limeade and tequila is a match made in summer heaven. I have a feeling that once you try these Cherry Limeade Margaritas, you will be making them all summer long. It’s perfect for a crowd and so refreshing.
Cherry Limeade Margaritas?!
This is genius, if I do say so myself. There are days I crave a large cup of cherry limeade filled with crushed ice from Sonic to quench my thirst, especially after a day on the ball field watching my kiddos games.
I have always wanted to make cherry limeade at home, but never have. Finally, after seeing all the fresh and sweet cherries tempting me at the grocery store I had to give it a try.
I got the inspiration from this cherry limeade recipe – I loved that her recipe was so rustic and simple compared to others I had seen online. Most recipes are made with maraschino cherry juice and limeade, but this one is all fresh — made with fresh cherries and limes.
Throw in pitted cherries, lime wedges (skin and all), water, sugar, blend, and strain — that’s it. Place cherry limeade in a pitcher and refrigerate.
Adding a Special Touch
This drink is perfect as-is, but of course I wanted to spike this magical liquid with a bit of Exotico Tequila Blanco. And for a bit of fizz I topped it with Mountain Valley Sparkling Water. The tequila adds a crisp and herbal aroma and the small bubbles from the sparking water complement the cocktail rather than overpowering it making the cherry limeade margaritas so refreshing.
Cherry limeade and tequila is a match made in summer heaven. I have a feeling that once you make this drink it will be a drink you will make all summer long. It’s perfect for a crowd and so refreshing.
Photography by Jenna Sparks.
This post is in partnership with Exotico and Mountain Valley. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
Cherry Limeade Margaritas
- 3 cups cherries, pitted
- 2 limes, quartered (skin on)
- 5 cups water
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ounce tequila blanco, per serving
- sparkling water
- Combine the cherries and limes in a blender with sugar and 2 cups of water. Blend until the ingredients are pureed.
- Strain the juice and add the rest of the water through a strainer.
- Serve in cocktail glasses filled with ice, stir in tequila, top with a splash of sparking water, and garnish with cherries and lime slices.
- Once blended, cherry limeade should last for about 5 days in the fridge. You can freeze any leftovers into ice cubes or paletas to make it last even longer!
- I suggest using tequila blanco for the brightest flavor. You can also feel free to spike your cherry limeade with vodka if you prefer.
- MOCKTAIL: Follow the recipe through step 1, then using sparkling water to complete the batch after straining. A little extra effervescence goes a long way! If you want to gussy it up further, consider using a lemon-lime soda like 7UP or Sprite.
P.S. Follow my Pinterest boards for more Mexican recipes.