Corn on the cob reminds me of family barbecues and screams summer!
At my local King Soopers grocery store they set out a large garbage bin next to the corn on the cob bin.
It makes it very convenient to shuck corn before you take it home.
When I buy a lot of corn I’d rather leave the mess behind and leave the husks in the garbage can at the store rather than shucking the corn in my kitchen.
I took a poll on my insta-stories and asked if you prefer to shuck corn at the store or at home and it seems that most people shuck corn at home. I’m wondering if it is because your store does not offer the option to shuck in the store?
King Soopers and City Market locations also sell corn already shucked for customer’s convenience as well — so customers can buy it already shucked and packaged together, shuck it themselves in-store, or take some corn on the cob home and shuck at home.
When I only need to buy a couple of ears of corn I usually shuck them at home and roast them on my stovetop on an open flame rather than firing up my grill outside.
With corn season in full swing I was inspired to make a summer pizza with delicious roasted corn and grilled carne asada.
This pizza is sure to satisfy your taco and pizza cravings all in one.
Bold Tex-Mex flavors like roasted corn, char-grilled beef, mozzarella cheese, black beans, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Add cilantro for an extra pop of flavor and jalapeño slices for spice.
Carne Asada and Roasted Corn Pizza
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds flat iron steak, flap steak, or skirt steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package pizza dough (recommend Wewalka Classic Pizza Dough)
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 package (6-ounce) shredded Simple Truth mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (15-ounce) Simple Truth black beans
- 2 roasted corn on the cob, sliced from the cob
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the butter, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, garlic, cilantro, and onion and mix well.
- Place steak in a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over steak. Zip up the bag and massage marinade around so that the steak is well covered. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Remove the steak from the plastic bag and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes, and then slice the steak against the grain into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Unroll refrigerated pizza dough and place with parchment paper onto baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce evenly over top of crust and top with cheese, black beans, sliced carne asada, roasted corn, bell peppers, tomatoes, and jalapeño, if using.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Top with fresh cilantro. Slice and serve.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
This post is in partnership with Kroger. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.