Crunchy corn tortillas, slathered with creamy and rich guacamole, topped with slices of hard-boiled egg, and drizzled with salsa makes delicious Breakfast Tostadas with minimal staple ingredients.
These breakfast tostadas are perfect for a weekend brunch or weekday lunch! They’re fresh and filling, but won’t weigh you down. Bonus points – they are vegetarian and gluten free.
I can’t get enough of avocados lately. We have been eating lots of guacamole every single day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
My kids love avocado toast with a fried egg on top, but to change things up I had leftover tostadas from dinner so we made breakfast tostadas slathered with guacamole and topped with hard boiled eggs and drizzled with chile de arbol salsa.
These breakfast tostadas are great for breakfast or lunch.
Tasty topping options
Craving more Mexican breakfasts?
- Chile Verde Benny
- Baked Eggs with Chorizo and Potatoes
- Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
- Breakfast Sopes
- Red Chile Chilaquiles
Please let me know how this recipe turns out for you in the comments below. I love hearing from you.
- In a heavy skillet heat one-quarter inch oil. Fry tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil for 20 to 40 seconds on each side or until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels. Store bought tostadas can also be used.
- Top one tostada with guacamole. Place hard-boiled egg slices and drizzle with your favorite homemade salsa to taste.
- Garnish each with toppings of your choice.
Photography by Jenna Sparks