I’m so excited that Halloween is on a Friday this year. Our children will be able to stay up late and enjoy trick-or-treating and the adults can sip on this sparkling cocktail.
This brightly colored brew is made with persimmon juice, blood orange soda, and combined with tequila to create a potent potion. Whether you make them on Halloween night or over the weekend, you will love this festive drink – it’s frightfully refreshing.
- 1 persimmon, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 ounces tequila reposado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Blood-orange soda, such as Pellegrino
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, optional
- Place persimmon, water, honey, tequila, and lime juice in a blender and liquefy.
- Fill a glass with ice. Pour in mixture; top with blood-orange soda.
- Serve garnished with pomegranate seeds.