You can be sitting at your dinner table in less than 30 minutes with this dish. This easy and healthy recipe makes a great family meal with minimal clean up. All you have to do is chop up your ingredients and place them on top of the fish fillets and bake. One pan lined with foil equals no messy skillets to clean…bonus points for an easy dinner.
Its Lent season and to be completely honest I have been making lots of cheese enchiladas. During Lent I crave the classics and growing up we ate enchiladas every Friday. You would think I overdosed; on the contrary, I look forward to the same delicious traditions.
I had big plans to share a variety of seafood recipes for Lent, so hopefully this dish makes up for lost time. My children, hubby, and I all cleaned our plates so I know I will be making this delicate tangy tilapia with salty capers again soon.
Baked Tilapia with Tomatoes, Olives, and Capers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place fish fillets evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet and squeeze lemon over fish.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. Add ½ tablespoon butter to each fillet. Sprinkle garlic, tomatoes, olives, and capers over the fillets. Add lemon slices over fish.
- Bake the fish, uncovered, in the middle of the oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish has cooked through and the tomatoes have softened.
- Serve tilapia over whole-grain angel hair pasta.
Written by Yvette / Photos by Yvette