Looking for a flavorful grilled appetizer for your 4th of July celebration? These bacon-wrapped shrimp with slivers of jalapeño are one of my family’s favorite starters.
I just love to throw them on the grill for that irresistible smokiness, especially for a summer party. Serve them with the zesty Las Palmas Green Enchilada Sauce for tangy salsa verde dip. They are absolutely mouthwatering and delightful. Enjoy!
Wishing you a great 4th of July filled with pride, honor, fun, and lots of delicious food.
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Jalapeño
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 serrano peppers, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- Handful cilantro
- 1 (28-ounce) can Las Palmas green chile enchilada sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 20 medium-large shrimp (about 1 pound)
- 3 jalapeño peppers, cut into thin strips
- Wooden toothpicks, presoaked
- In a blender place garlic, chopped serrano and jalapeño peppers, onion, cilantro, sauce, and blend for about 1 minute. Do not over blend. Salsa should be chunky. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Microwave bacon on high for 1 minute. Separate slices and cut slices in half crosswise and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, lime juice, garlic powder, pepper, and oregano.
- Peel the shrimp, butterfly, and devein, leaving the tail and last section intact. Place 2 jalapeño strips in each shrimp and press sides together. Wrap a half slice of bacon around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick. Use a pastry brush to coat the shrimp with butter mixture.
- Place bacon-wrapped shrimp evenly on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Place under broiler. Broil for 10 to 12 minutes, turning over after 5 to 6 minutes.
- Skewer 3 to 4 shrimp per skewer. (If using wooden skewers, don’t forget to soak skewers about 30 minutes before using.) Place crosswise on the grates and grill for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from skewer and serve warm with salsa verde.
More recipes available at muybuenocookbook.com
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
A special thanks to Las Palmas Sauces for sponsoring this video and blog post. Opinions are my own.
Written by Yvette / Photo by Jeanine Thurston