Spicy jalapeños are loaded with a creamy Pepper Jack cheese filling and then wrapped in smoky bacon and baked. They are the perfect party appetizer recipe. They’re called Jalapeño Poppers for a reason: you won’t be able to resist popping a bunch in your mouth!
I like spicy and I like cheesy, and the two together are a match made in heaven. Add some smoky bacon, to the mix and holy moly, you have paradise! These bacon wrapped jalapeños are the perfect combination of spicy cheesy deliciousness. It’s my go-to party appetizer recipe.
These bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are my all-time favorite party appetizer. Not only are they a mash-up of some of my favorite flavors, but they are also so simple to prepare! Trust me, you need this jalapeño poppers recipe in your life.
How to prepare your poppers
First, you will want to find relatively even sized jalapeños to ensure even cooking. Simply rinse your peppers, then slice them in half vertically.
TIP: Leave the stems of the jalapeños on! They help by acting as a kind of stick so you can eat them easily with your hands.
Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds and ribs of the jalapeños, then set the peppers aside. Be sure to wash your hands very thoroughly after dealing with the peppers. If you’ve ever accidentally touched your eyes after an encounter with a spicy pepper, you’ll know why.
TIP: If you enjoy your food very spicy, you can add some of the seeds into your filling mixture.
Secondly, make your filling. They are stuffed with a combination of velvety cream cheese and Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese and that is all. Super simple!
The pepper jack cheese is both spicy and creamy, and the cream cheese is a perfect binder, so there is no need to add any additional ingredients. I told you, this is the ultimate easy party appetizer recipe.
Next, you’ll want to stuff the peppers to the brim with your deliciously creamy filling. Using a spoon and your thumbs, scoop about a tablespoon of filling into each jalapeño half and spread it over the entire pepper.
You’re almost done. All that is left to do is wrap the peppers in bacon and then bake them. While I recommend purchasing thin-cut bacon to ensure even cooking, it’s important that you don’t be stingy. Don’t cut that bacon in half!
They’re called Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers for a reason! Wrap each jalapeño pepper half with an entire strip of bacon. Your tastebuds (and guests) will thank you.
The final countdown
TIP: You can prepare the bacon wrapped jalapeño peppers ahead of time, making them an especially awesome party appetizer! Just stop once you’ve wrapped them in bacon, cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate, and wait until your guests begin to arrive.
Your partygoers are arriving. Time to preheat the oven and pour them all a margarita. These bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are about to be the life of the party in no time. Didn’t I tell you this jalapeño popper recipe was a dream?
TIP: Line your baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean up. You’re hosting a party! Go be with your guests, not stuck washing dishes.
After the bacon wrapped jalapeños are baked, the cheese mixture gets hot and melty and the peppers mellow, but the pepper jack cheese gives these poppers a hint of spice. They are little bundles of heaven, and so easy to prepare!
TIP: If you are hosting a party, I recommend doubling this recipe. I promise, these babies will be devoured as soon as you pull them out of the oven.
Hosting? Check out these other party recipes:
- Charred Citrus and Jalapeño Margarita
- Escabeche (Pickled Jalapeños)
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Jalapeño
- Blistered Shishito Peppers
Did you love this jalapeño popper recipe? Be sure to share, rate and comment below to let me know how they turned out!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- 8 jalapeños peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese
- 16 slices bacon, thin sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Halve jalapeños lengthwise, then use a spoon to remove seeds and veins.
- Mix cream cheese and pepper jack cheese together in a small bowl.
- Stuff each pepper half with cheese filling.
- Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon.
- Lay flat on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- If you are hosting a party, I recommend doubling this recipe.
- You can make the poppers ahead of time by stuffing and wrapping the peppers, then refrigerating them until you're ready to bake them. They will last up to 2 days without baking.
- I recommend purchasing thin-cut bacon for this recipe for even cooking, but don't be skimpy! Use a whole piece of bacon for each popper. If using thick-cut bacon, cut bacon in half.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
Originally published: June 2019.
This post is in partnership with Cabot Cheese. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.