Easy Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
Spicy jalapeños are loaded with a creamy pepper jack cheese filling and then wrapped in smoky bacon and baked. They are low carb and keto friendly making them the party appetizer. They’re called Jalapeño Poppers for a reason: you won’t be able to resist popping a bunch in your mouth!
I like spicy and I like cheesy, and the two together are a match made in heaven. Add some smoky bacon, to the mix and holy moly, you have paradise! These bacon wrapped jalapeños are the perfect combination of spicy cheesy deliciousness. It’s my go-to party appetizer recipe.
These bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are my all-time favorite party appetizer. Not only are they a mash-up of some of my favorite flavors, but they are also so simple to prepare! Trust me, you need this jalapeño poppers recipe in your life.
How to make jalapeño poppers
Prep the jalapeños
First, you will want to find relatively even sized jalapeños to ensure even cooking. Simply rinse your peppers, then slice them in half vertically.
TIP: Leave the stems of the jalapeños on! They help by acting as a kind of stick so you can eat them easily with your hands.
Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds and ribs of the jalapeños, then set the peppers aside. Be sure to wash your hands very thoroughly after dealing with the peppers. If you’ve ever accidentally touched your eyes after an encounter with a spicy pepper, you’ll know why.
TIP: If you enjoy your food very spicy, you can add some of the seeds into your filling mixture.
Make the cream cheese filling
Secondly, make your filling. They are stuffed with a combination of velvety cream cheese and pepper jack cheese and that is all. Super simple!
The pepper jack cheese is both spicy and creamy, and the cream cheese is a perfect binder, so there is no need to add any additional ingredients. I told you, this is the ultimate easy party appetizer recipe.
Fill jalapeño pepper halves
Next, you’ll want to stuff the peppers to the brim with your deliciously creamy filling. Using a spoon and your thumbs, scoop about a tablespoon of filling into each jalapeño half and spread it over the entire pepper.
Wrap peppers with bacon
Everything is better wrapped in bacon! I recommend purchasing thin-cut bacon to ensure even cooking, it’s important that you don’t be stingy. Don’t cut that bacon in half!
They’re called Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers for a reason! Wrap each jalapeño pepper half with an entire strip of bacon. Your tastebuds (and guests) will thank you.
TIP: You can prepare the bacon wrapped jalapeño peppers ahead of time, making them an especially awesome party appetizer! Just stop once you’ve wrapped them in bacon, cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate, and wait until your guests begin to arrive.
Your partygoers are arriving. Time to preheat the oven and pour them all a margarita. These bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers are about to be the life of the party in no time. Didn’t I tell you this jalapeño popper recipe was a dream?
TIP: Line your baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean up. You’re hosting a party! Go be with your guests, not stuck washing dishes.
After the bacon wrapped jalapeños are baked, the cheese mixture gets hot and melty and the peppers mellow, but the pepper jack cheese gives these poppers a hint of spice.
TIP: Let the poppers cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
They are little bundles of heaven, and so easy to prepare! Watch this video to see how easy they are to make.
TIP: If you are hosting a party, I recommend doubling this recipe. I promise, these babies will be devoured as soon as you pull them out of the oven.
More spicy recipes for your fiesta
- Charred Citrus and Jalapeño Margarita
- Escabeche (Pickled Jalapeños)
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Jalapeño
- Blistered Shishito Peppers
Did you love this jalapeño popper recipe? Be sure to share, rate and comment below to let me know how they turned out!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- 8 jalapeños peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 16 slices bacon, thin sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Halve jalapeños lengthwise, then use a spoon to remove seeds and veins.
- Mix cream cheese and pepper jack cheese together in a small bowl.
- Stuff each pepper half with cheese filling.
- Wrap each pepper with a slice of bacon.
- Lay flat on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- These Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are low carb and keto friendly.
- Bacon: I recommend purchasing thin-cut bacon for this recipe for even cooking, but don't be skimpy! Use a whole piece of bacon for each popper. If using thick-cut bacon, cut bacon in half.
- If you're hosting a big party: I recommend doubling this recipe.
- Make ahead: The peppers can be stuffed and wrapped in bacon up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- Let cool: Let the poppers cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Storage: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
Originally published: June 2019.