I’m kind of freaking out – July is almost over, which means summer is almost over, and my kiddos will soon have to return to school. I think it’s just starting to hit me that our daughter will be a freshman in high school. And our son will be a third grader. Where did the years go? I hate that time flies by so quickly.
School will be here before you know it. Today I’m excited to host a PackIt giveaway, so that your kiddos can go back to school in style. We have a couple of PackIt lunch bags and love them. They are perfect for school lunches — and they’re also great for summer camp. I especially love the unique patterns. It’s a true miracle that my children haven’t lost them.
They even have wine bags, picnic bags, can coolers, grocery bags, and baby bottle bags!
When it comes to school lunches I usually pack tortas, burritos, wraps, and sandwiches, but their absolute favorite lunch is a panini. This ham and pesto panini is an easy recipe to make and the best part is a panini maker is not needed. It tastes great at room temperature or cold and makes a great school lunch box meal.
I have published a Smoked Ham and Chimichurri Panini and this one is very similar, but way easier to make. Instead of homemade chimichurri sauce I used jarred pesto sauce and roasted red peppers. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
A PackIt bag works just like a refrigerator on the go, continually chilling your food and drinks for up to 10 hours. Each bag has a freezable gel liner and folds up for compact storage in your freezer. Simply place the bags in your freezer overnight and they will keep items cool all day without ever needing ice packs.
PackIt is giving away $100 in shopping credit to ONE winner. Enter the $100 PackIt giveaway below through rafflecopter. Entries must be posted by August 4, and one winner will be chosen at random. Good luck!
Mozzarella, Ham, and Pesto Panini
- 1 10 ounce loaf ciabatta, halved horizontally
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces deli smoked ham
- mozzarella, sliced
- roasted red peppers, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place two halves of bread on a baking sheet.
- Brush one cut side of ciabatta with olive oil and spoon on pesto sauce and arrange the ham slices on top. On the opposite layer brush with olive oil and layer with red pepper, and top with cheese.
- Bake open for 10 minutes.
- Close sandwich and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Cut the sandwich into quarters.
- These can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge in sandwich bags.
- Want to mix things up? Try my Smoked Ham and Chimichurri Panini.
For Muy Bueno readers, PackIt is offering 15% off any purchase with the code MUYBUENO15.
A special thanks to PackIt for sponsoring this giveaway.