I get bored of traditional green salads and especially hate salad leftovers. But this salad tastes even better the longer it sits. You can toss it with the dressing and it won’t wilt, like lettuce does.
This salad is unique with some of my favorite ingredients combined together. The jicama is sweet and crisp and pairs nicely with smooth, rich avocado.
Rich avocado, crisp jicama, crunchy radish, and chewy pumpkin seeds provide an array of textures. The sweet dressing is creamy made with sour cream and fresh orange and lemon juice. And the lemon pepper in the dressing adds a subtle flavor boost.
This recipe is also featured on The Guide. Find this recipe and many more flavorful recipes, tips, and tricks for the multitasking masters of the house.
Avocado and Jicama Salad
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced jicama
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons Lawry’s lemon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon roasted pumpkin seeds
- Place avocados in a large bowl. Add jicama and radishes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, olive oil, and lemon pepper. Season with salt.
- Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and serve.
More recipes available at muybuenocookbook.com
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
A special thanks to Lawry’s for sponsoring this blog post. Opinions are my own.