Bacon Wrapped Grilled Peaches with Honey and Queso Fresco + Video
I’m sure you’ve heard the saying – Everything tastes better with bacon, and this appetizer is the perfect example. Add a little sizzle to your Labor Day summer party and make these delicious babies.
These bacon wrapped grilled peaches can be preassembled the night before and thrown on the grill while your guests are mingling. I promise you that the aroma of these grilling is going to drive your guests crazy (in a good way). And once they hit the platter they will disappear in a flash.
For this appetizer I used Farmland Hickory Smoked Classic Cut bacon, which I cut in half for easy wrapping.
Every strip of Farmland Hickory Smoked Classic Cut bacon is hand-trimmed and slow smoked over real hardwood hickory chips. I also love using Farmland Hickory Smoked Bacon because there’s no added hormones, artificial flavors, colors or MSG.
Simply wrap a thin slice of bacon around wedges of ripe peaches with a sliver of a jalapeño and throw them on the grill.
Once the bacon is nice and crispy, remove the peaches from the grill and serve with a drizzle of honey-balsamic glaze, crumbled queso fresco, and some fresh basil.
Watch my video to see how simple they are to make.
You have the sweetness from the peaches with the saltiness of the bacon, a hint of spice from the jalapeño, and a sweet and sour kick from the honey-balsamic glaze. The fresh basil is the finishing touch adding another dimension of flavor. It’s a completely perfect combination all wrapped up in a bite-sized package.
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Peaches with Honey and Queso Fresco
- 1 pound Farmland Hickory Smoked Classic Cut bacon
- 7 ripe peaches
- 3 jalapeño peppers, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat grill, reduce heat to low.
- Cut bacon slices in half crosswise.
- Cut peaches in half lengthwise; remove pits, and cut halves in half.
- Place a jalapeño strip on each peach slice. Wrap a half slice of bacon around each peach and pin a toothpick to each side of the bacon making sure the toothpicks lie flat against the side of the peach. This makes for even grilling and easier flipping.
- Place bacon wrapped peaches on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning to grill every side for 5 minutes or until bacon is cooked and peaches are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Remove toothpicks from peaches.
- Place peaches on a serving platter and drizzle honey mixture on top of peaches; sprinkle with queso fresco. If desired, garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve warm.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
I’m thrilled to work with brands like Farmland that are dedicated and passionate for the farming community. From now through September 30, Farmland will donate $0.10 of its sales of bacon, sausage and ham to the National FFA Organization, to continue inspiring America’s future farmers to produce quality foods and raise awareness of the importance of agricultural education. For more information on Farmland, please visit FarmlandFoods.com.
This post is in partnership with Farmland. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.