Shrimp Tacos + Video
What if I told you that you can make this platter of shrimp tacos for dinner in less than 30 minutes? Let me just say I tested and re-tested this recipe and it is fail-proof. So simple, but more importantly, so delicioso. Don’t believe me? Watch my latest video to see how simple these come together.
For these tacos I selected Private Selection Argentinean Red Shrimp that I purchased at my local King Soopers. This shrimp can be found in the freezer aisle at all family of Kroger stores. The shrimp is raw, extra-large, wild caught Argentinean, and the best part is that they are peeled and deveined. They also sell the shrimp with the shell, but I recommend peeled and deveined for this recipe which is a huge time saver.
Once the shrimp defrosted I marinated the shrimp in a mixture of fresh lime juice, garlic, Creole seasoning, and Private Selection Six Chili Powder. The tangy and slightly spicy marinade adds a little oomph to the succulent and buttery shrimp.
Shrimp cooks in less than five minutes which makes it a very convenient choice on a busy weeknight.
This shrimp has an amazing lobster-like taste and texture, with a distinct rich flavor perfect on their own, but especially amazing nestled in warm and soft corn tortillas smothered in a chipotle crema and topped with cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, red onion, avocado, and sprinkled with queso fresco and cilantro.
Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top for an extra zip and be transported to spicy shrimp taco heaven.
Make these spicy shrimp tacos to celebrate Mexican Independence Day and kick off Hispanic Heritage Month, which is celebrated nationally from September 15 through October 15.
Or save this recipe for October 4, National Taco Day to celebrate the traditional Mexican dish and the culinary fiesta that is a taco. On this day, tacos are enjoyed all over the world.
Watch this video to see how simple these spicy shrimp tacos come together.
- 1 cup crema Mexicana
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound Private Selection Argentinean Red Shrimp
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Private Selection Six Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Corn tortillas
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Crumbled queso fresco
- Lime wedges
- In a bowl combine crema and chipotle peppers. Season with salt to taste.
- Defrost shrimp in the refrigerator or rinse frozen shrimp in cold water.
- In a small bowl combine lime juice, garlic, Creole seasoning, and chili powder.
- Place shrimp in a large resalable bag and pour the marinade over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high. Drizzle olive oil and lower heat to medium-high.
- Cook shrimp until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Serve tacos with chipotle crema and garnish with toppings of your choice.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
This post is in partnership with Kroger. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.