Spicy Mexican Chocolate Fudge
Fudge was not something I grew up eating. I have always loved it, but never had any idea how simple it was to make.
After testing and developing this no-bake fudge recipe in partnership with Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk as part of their UnCookie Exchange I know this spicy Mexican chocolate fudge will now become a Christmas tradition.
What is an Uncookie Exchange, you ask? An Uncookie Exchange is when you gather with friends and contribute anything except a cookie! I love this idea, because fudge is so much easier to make than cookies.
Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk has always been a staple in my pantry — especially, around the holidays when I make dulce de leche in the slow cooker, alfajores, and now this fudge.
This creamy, spicy, and rich fudge is made quickly in a double boiler or heavy saucepan on your stovetop by melting and combining a handful of simple ingredients together. Once melted the hot mixture is poured in a pan and refrigerated overnight to set.
This recipe has lots of exotic Mexican flavors with the addition of Mexican chocolate, cinnamon, and chili powder. And if that wasn’t enough, the fudge is also lightly dusted with a mixture of ground cinnamon and chili powder.
As I mentioned, this is a no-bake recipe, and is a great un-cookie alternative. This time of year can be stressful and having to be pulling out cookie trays out of the oven every 15 minutes can add to the holiday stress.
With this no-bake fudge you can look like a superstar at your next cookie exchange party, without spending hours upon hours baking away in your kitchen.
Spicy Mexican Chocolate Fudge
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (3.3 ounce) tablet Mexican chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Lightly coat an 8x8-inch pan with baking spray; line with wax paper. Set aside.
- Add 2 inches of water to a medium saucepan or pot and bring to a very gentle simmer.
- Place a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot so that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. You want the steam from the water to gently warm the bowl.
- Add chocolate chips, Mexican chocolate, butter, with sweetened condensed milk to the bowl and stir occasionally with a spatula until smooth and melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and chile powder.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Chill overnight or until firm.
- Remove from pan by lifting edges of wax paper; peel off paper.
- Cut into squares.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon and chili powder.
- Dust fudge with mixture.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Visit Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk for dozens of recipes and product uses.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
This post is in partnership with Eagle Brand. As always, thank you for reading and for supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.