Chorizo Rice Skillet
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Knorr. The opinions and text are all mine.
My kids have officially started school and it’s time for us to get back into a routine.
With longer, lazier days during the summer, it is very easy to get into the habit of eating late dinners with the family. Well, that has to change now because we need to make sure our kids get back into the swing of things and get to bed earlier during the school year.
Now is the perfect time to get creative in the kitchen and serve up a quick dinner that anyone can recreate during the school year.
Thanks to Knorr Selects for serving up the inspiration I needed for this meal. Knorr Selects are made with no artificial flavors or preservatives and are quick and easy to prepare on the stovetop. For this recipe, I sautéed a red bell pepper and onion with Mexican chorizo, and cooked thoroughly for roughly 10 minutes. Afterwards, I added Knorr Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice and helped my son with his homework while the dish simmered. I appreciate how low maintence the cooking process for this recipe is so I can sneak in a little extra time to sit down with him before dinner is ready to be served.
This dish requires only a handful of ingredients, can be completed in 20 minutes, oh and it’s all made in one skillet. What else can you ask for? Your family will love this quick dinner recipe that is packed with spices and flavor. Welcome to the start of a new school year!
Chorizo Rice Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 package Knorr Roasted Garlic Alfredo Rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 scallions, sliced
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for about 2 minutes, until tender.
- Add the chorizo by crumbling it and cook the chorizo thoroughly for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour water, milk, and Knorr Selects into the same pan. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in chorizo mixture.
- Top with scallions.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography by Jenna Sparks