Seven Layer Dip + Dips and Sweets for your Football Party
Okay, I’m the first to admit that I’m not a football expert, but I do love the game, especially when one of my favorite teams is in the playoffs – Go Broncos! My all-time favorite team is the Cowboys, but since I live in Colorado I am turning into a Bronco fan. It’s pretty hard not to when my children are such fanatics and so excited that the Broncos are in the playoffs.
We will be watching this weekend’s playoff games in preparation for the Super Bowl and munching on this seven layer dip, sweet mango and spicy salsa, and finishing up with chocolate covered strawberry footballs for dessert. If you are hosting a football playoff or Super Bowl party consider these simple ideas for epic game day snacking.
Seriously who doesn’t love seven-layer dip? It’s easy to make and everyone can dip in his or her own individually portioned jar. It’s a great way to guarantee no double dippers in your dip. You can set the ingredients on your counter and let everyone build their own or make these in advance and refrigerate and pull them out as needed. They make a great afterschool snack too.
Colorado’s Own Channel 2 invited me to share these dips and sweet recipes. My children were invited to be a part of it too. My li’l photo bomber is still gloating about his three minutes of fame. He was pretty darn excited. Watch the segment and find all the recipes here: Dips & Sweets for your Football Party.
Seven Layer Dip
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa of your choice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can black olives, chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Place a spoonful of refried beans in mason jars (4-ounce). Next, layer the sour cream followed by the guacamole and salsa.
- Top the dip off with cheese, chopped olives, and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.