Café de Olla + Video + Le Creuset Giveaway
*This giveaway is no longer accepting entries – scroll down to the bottom to see who won!*
The kiddos are dressed, breakfast has been served, lunches have been packed, and they are off to summer camp. Now it’s time for me to start my day. After the kiddos are gone I make myself some coffee and two eggs over easy. I love this part of the day — a quiet morning alone.
I look forward to my morning routine. I sit at our kitchen table with my iPhone and my iPad and read my emails and plan my to-do list. Normally electronics are not allowed at the kitchen table, but when I’m alone I change the rules (shhh, don’t tell the kids). I listen to the birds chirping outside, eat my breakfast, and drink my hot cup of coffee — it’s heavenly.
I wanted to share a video with you of my morning routine. Sit back and join me as I make this morning a little fancier and make café de olla. Traditionally this recipe is made using a clay pot giving it a very unique flavor, but it isn’t necessary. I’m going to show you how to make this authentic coffee using today’s cookware.
Speaking of cookware…Did you notice the gorgeous cast-iron Le Creuset Dutch oven I used? How would you like to own one? How about two? Here’s your chance!
Le Creuset has generously offered to give ONE Muy Bueno fan TWO cast-iron Dutch ovens in your choice of color. 7 1/4 qt round French oven and a 3 1/2 qt round French oven (over $500 value).
For one entry, leave a comment at the end of this post. Answer the following question: What will you be making in your Le Creuset cast-iron cookware?
You can receive additional entries to win by doing the following.
- Join Le Creuset on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting me know you did.
- Join Muy Bueno on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting me know you did.
- Follow Le Creuset on Twitter and leave a separate comment letting me know you are a follower.
- Follow Muy Bueno on Twitter and leave a separate comment letting me know you are a follower.
- Follow Muy Bueno on Instagram and leave a separate comment letting me know you are a follower.
- Tweet the following message: Enter to win #LeCreuset #giveaway hosted by @MuyBuenoCooking http://bit.ly/14r6KKe
Deadline for this giveaway is August 16, 2013 at midnight MST. One lucky winner will be chosen by random.org and will be notified within 24 hours. Winner must respond within 48 hours.
You must have a valid U.S. address to enter.
Buena suerte! Good Luck!
Café de Olla
- 6 cups water
- 6 to 8 ounces piloncillo (or substitute packed brown sugar)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 1 anise star
- 6 tablespoons freshly ground dark roasted coffee
- In a medium saucepan bring the water to a boil. Carefully add piloncillo, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and anise star.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the piloncillo dissolves, about 5 minutes. Add the ground coffee and stir, lower the heat, cover, and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Strain the coffee through cheesecloth and enjoy.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Written by Yvette / Photos by Le Creuset / Video by Pure Cinematography
Disclosure: Le Creuset is providing the winner with this giveaway. Le Creuset sent me this cookware to review and keep. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions shared about this product are my own.
Random.org has chosen the winner!