This guacamole recipe is super simple and fresh. Beware; it’s also addictive. The best part about guacamole is experimenting and making it uniquely yours. Here is our version, but you can add more or less of each ingredient to satisfy your personal palette.
Did you know that Super Bowl viewers will consume enough guacamole to cover a football field waist-deep in creamy green dip, according to the California Avocado Commission? I thought that was crazy cool! I just want to swim in it.
- 4 avocados
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Cut the avocado in half. Twist to remove the pit. Scoop out the pulp. Place in a medium-size bowl and mash the avocado with a fork so that the mixture is a bit chunky.
- Add the tomato, onion, garlic, and salt. Sprinkle the lime juice over all the ingredients and give everything a good stir, but don't overdo it. Serve with tortilla chips.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography by Jeanine Thurston