No Christmas party is complete without appetizers, and this appetizer is sure to astound without hours of prepping and fretting. This colorful and delicious recipe will keep your entertaining preparation to a minimum.
The ruby red pomegranate seeds along with the green rosemary sprig make for a perfect Christmas color scheme!
Impress guests this holiday season with this festive hors d’oeuvre. It can be served with drinks before a meal, or as a light starter to your main course.
- 1 cup seeds from 1 large pomegranate
- 1 French baguette
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounce soft-ripened brie cheese (recommended: goat brie)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
- Break open the pomegranate under water to free the seeds. The seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the rest will float to the top. Discard the white membrane and put the seeds in a separate bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the seeds and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place garlic slices in olive oil and microwave for 1 minute to infuse the olive oil with garlic. Cut the baguette into 1/2-inch slices. Brush olive oil on one side of baguette slices. Lay bread on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes. (The bread does not need to brown, just have a toast-like crust on the top surface.)
- Spread apricot preserves on toasted bread.
- Microwave brie cheese for 10-15 seconds to soften the cheese. Cut the brie in half and spoon or drizzle the cheese on the toasted bread.
- Place a teaspoon of pomegranate seeds on each slice.
- Serve while warm.
I’d love to see what you cook!
Tag #MUYBUENOCOOKING if you make this recipe.
Photography by Jeanine Thurston